Thursday, March 08, 2012

I'm NOT Yogging!

Hubs and I hit the road again yesterday morning.  I was so extremely excited about the 63 degree weather that I sort of ignored the 48 mph headwinds we ran straight towards.  Although short of 3 miles, I feel as though I ran a marathon.  I'm so sore from fighting that stupid wind!

I'm really liking running with the hubby.  I've always enjoyed running with others.  It is such a great way to catch up with each other.  Of course I do find myself pulling ahead every so once in awhile.  Hubs says it's my competitive nature kicking in... I just can't let him get ahead of me.  He's probably right.

We launched into a discussion about the difference between jogging and running (or joggers and runners).  I am NOT a jogger.  I am a runner.  

My thoughts are that joggers are the folks that go out once a year (or less) and "take a jog"... slightly less work than a fast walk.  They only do it for the cool Adidas wind breaker they get to wear.  And maybe sport a cool headband.

Runners RUN.  They love the feel of the wind on their backs (if you're lucky), the warmth of the sun on their face, the stability of the road beneath their feet.  They are really a strange breed.






This sums it up PERFECTLY!

Ron Burgundy: Oops... I almost forgot. I won't be able to make it fellas. Veronica and I trying this new fad called uh, jogging. I believe it's jogging or yogging. it might be a soft j. I'm not sure but apparently you just run for an extended period of time. It's supposed to be wild.

Yep, I am NOT a yogger.  And neither is hubs!  Davis' are NOT yoggers!

Happy Thursday, friends!
Jen


No comments:

Post a Comment