Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Up Next...

And... we're back!

What an amazing weekend. I'm not even sure I can put it all into words.  I'm so proud of my son.  And my daughter.  I'm completely blessed to have such independent and strong adult children that embrace change and adventure.

And I miss him already.

Oh, and in our whirlwind week, little guy started 5th grade.  Somehow we managed to squeeze that in.  How did that happen already?!  I can't believe he is already in 5th grade.  This marks almost 5 years in our 'hood.  I can't believe that either.



What I DON'T really miss is 18 hours in the minivan.  Yeah, me in a minivan.  Write it down.  It probably won't happen again.

Other than 4 vomits, restless leg syndrome, falling asleep at the wheel (thanks for rescuing me, hubs) and a zillion dollars towards the beautification of Illinois highways via tolls, the road trip itself was totally uneventful.



We swam, we ate, we played with E.  But mostly, we were humbled.

Bubba was awarded Honorary Recruit.  One of 13 people.  Out of 1,110 graduates.  Holy cow.


This is the same kid I had to negotiate with his private high school to get him across the stage at graduation.  Yep, same kid.







What's next?  28 days in apprentice school in Illinois about a mile and a half away from his boot camp training center.  Upon completion, he will report to his ship.


His ship.

Seems so strange to say those words.  Sassy and E will accompany him cross country to their new destination.  Sunny California.

Did I mention I miss him already?  I love that boy so much it hurts.



Have a great Tuesday, friends!  So glad to be back home!

Jen






No comments:

Post a Comment