Friday, December 27, 2013

END OF THE YEAR FAVES!

Woo hoo!  Final Friday of 2013!

I love endings.  I really, truly do. They culminate a zillion emotions, spark remembrance of joyful moments and give closure to items that may require it. 

Yep, the perfect ending.

My ending couldn't be any better, friends.  The west coast kids are coming home which means I get to snuggle my little lentil, chase my nugget around the house and squeeze my daughter and son until they are blue in the face.  Oh...and some vino may be in there as well, particularly now that Hubs has ensured I will have to find meetings in 2014 with the Wine every Quarter club from my fave winery in the country!

I'm have a feeling I'm gonna need it.

Much like when the kids go back to school, the new year brings in new calendars, new pens, new goals and new plans. I'm not sure what it completely holds for our fam but I do know this:  we will stick together, whatever it may be.  That's what Davis' do.  Thick and thin and stuff (for the record.... my father in law conveniently left out the ".... and Obey" part from our vows specifically for me.  Yep, I was snarky even back then.)

Below are my final faves of the year.  I don't know how many of you like this format of sharing but it has been quite fun for me (and given Hubs GREAT gift ideas!)

FAVE VACAY

I love this picture the most because we have actually been here!  The Grand Wailea in Maui is one of the grandest destinations a person could visit.  It's brilliantly beautiful and the picture looks EXACTLY like it does in true life.  Davis and I spent 5 days in this gorgeous place in 2004, a trip that I will never, ever forget.

Grand Wailea, Waldorf Astoria Resort in Maui, Hi.
 
FAVE FUNNY
 
 
I don't know about you, friends... but I'm tired of being politically correct.  I can believe whatever I want.  It doesn't make me "judgemental" to have my own beliefs that may or may not be popular opinion.  It doesn't make me "hateful" if I don't agree with every single word another person says.  And it doesn't make me a "bigot" if I decide I want to live a different way than others.
 
There.  I said it.  And I'm not taking it back.  The peeps that think I'm NOT PC can go right on ahead and judge ME (because we all know you will)....
 
 
 
FAVE TEE
 
OH MY!  Yes, yes, yes!!  I'm screaming this as I'm typing away.  I love this tee and absolutely must find it.  MUST.  Now if I could just get the institution fixed of all its flaws we would all be happy campers.
 
 
 
 
FAVE WARMTH
 
I've never been a huge fan of chevron but I know it's totally popular right now.  I do, however, love this quilt!  I'm thinking the black needs to be a warm chocolate brown and the edging needs to be a crisp soft blue and then it would completely match my bedroom.  Just saying.  Crafty friends.... take note.
 
 
 
 
FAVE MORNING YUMMO
 
Okay, we have eaten so much breakfast in my fam over the last week I could almost yell STOP!  Almost.  This little gem looks ah-mazing!  I'm so in love with pomegranate it's almost a sin.  Put some white chocolate with it and I'm completely sold.
 
Click here for the recipe to this delight!  ------->  Pomegranate white chocolate scones
 
 
 
 
 
FAVE LITERARY
 
 
I'm in love with the English language.  I'm particularly excited when people use complex words to describe something.  It makes me all giddy inside... even when I don't know what it means.  Excuse to use the dictionary!
 
So here you go friends... work this into your vocab today.  Pick 5 and give it a shot.  Use your brains.  I love this!
 
 
 
 
 
FAVE KITCHEN HELP
 
I love this.  Simple.  Not to fancy.  Totally functional.  Will match my kitchen.  Done!
 
 
 
 
 
FAVE GIFT FOR MY DAUGHTER
 
She loves to read. She loves Batman.  I think this may be a perfect combo!  She is secretly a badass so its a 50/50 guess as to if she truly knows the big guy.  I'd bet on her any day.
 
 
 
 
 
FAVE NEW (TO ME) FLICK
 
I totally blame Jaxx Teller. I mean seriously.... if the Sons weren't on hiatus this would have never happened to me.  Well, it may have.
 
Hubs grabbed the controller and fired up Netflix.  Next thing I know, I'm addicted to a show about a guy with terminal cancer making meth to save money for his family after his death.
 
Uplifting, right?
 
Each episode leaves me a tiny bit more depressed than the previous one.  There is one shining beacon in my opinion:  Jesse.  I absolutely, completely and totally love the guy that plays the character Jesse. 
 
Yep, love him.
 
Go ahead friends.... you know you want to!  Breaking Bad, in case you didn't know.
 
 
 
 
FAVE FASHION
 
Okay, I know I couldn't really pull these off.  But a girl can love, right?  And Nordstrom says that they are flattering on all body types.
 
See, a girl can dream!  These shiny pups would look AMAZING twinkling on New Years Eve!  I won't... but just know that I want to!
 
 
 
Have a FANTASTIC final Friday, friends! Thanks for all your support in 2013.  I love that so many of you read my blogs.  Hopefully you find my humor and sass uplifting.
 
Cheers!
 
Jen
 





No comments:

Post a Comment