Friday, January 03, 2014

FRIDAY FAVES!!

2014. Another new year.  Out with the old and in with the new.  Time to rewrite goals, establish expectations, design resolutions.  Make lists:  personal, professional, financial, spiritual.  Filled with excitement and enthusiasm, we create significant changes we want to accomplish in the upcoming months.

And then..... we become completely depressed in two months for failing some of them.  Or maybe all of them.

Why does this happen?  Or better yet, why do we do this to ourselves?

The new year brings about the opportunity to face our lives with different glasses.  It's that "start over" feeling that temporarily drowns our fears of change.  We barge into the new year filled with determination.

Where do we fail?  For starters, we are far to hard on ourselves.  Our lists of accomplishments is far to long and often unattainable in a short term fashion.  Sometimes we give up, admitting we couldn't meet the rigorous and lofty goal.  Sometimes we cave and have a setback, ultimately quitting altogether.

It's not having goals that's the problem.  It's the design of them.
I'll admit I'm guilty of this.  My goals last year looked something like this:

1.  Lose 30 pounds.
2.  Go to church every Sunday and Wednesday.
3.  Run 3 miles every day.
4.  Stop eating all sugars.
5.  Eat meat sparingly, only once a week.

How many did I meet?  Um..... Zero.  Awesome.

This year will be different.  I broke my goals down into small increments.  I'm sure I may fail a few but I'm really gonna try hard.

Or have a glass of wine.

Enjoy my first Friday faves of 2014!!


FAVE MONEY CHALLENGE

I love this!  Not only are we doing this, TD and I BOTH have jars!  Even little guy wants in on it!  How incredibly easy is this?!  Come on, friends.... You know you wanna!!






FAVE TRAVEL DREAM

Little guy has a dream to visit all 50 states.... before he gets out of high school.  No problem, no problem at all!  Seeing as he is 12 and we have only taken him to three, we totally have our work cut out for us in the next 6 years!  I see some road trips in our not to distant future!  Oh - and if the trips can coincide with a college football game, we will win extra credit as the best parents ever.

We shall see.





FAVE NATURAL REMEDY

I can't swear by this, but I do think it's fascinating.  So many of my friends came down with the sickness over the holiday season.  I wonder if this could have helped?  I'm totally trying it the next time I feel icky.





FAVE RESOLUTION LIST

Yep, this is my fave.  Instead of writing down everything you want or need to change, write down the things you love that you want to accomplish more.  I love this.





FAVE REMINDER

I have been a wanderer for as long as I can remember.  When I was a little girl, it wasn't unusual to hear my name called out over the loud speakers inside of a store.  It was my momma's worst experience ever - I constantly wandered off to look at something (or hide when I was mad at her).  It's a miracle she didn't kill me... I had many a swattings in the parking lot of TG&Y.

I so want this.  Right now.



FAVE GIFT IDEA

I don't know yet if my granddaughter will love to read as much as her momma.  I sure hope she does because I intend to buy her every single one of these books.  I love the idea of teaching our young girls to be strong and brave, unafraid and unwavering in the faith of themselves.  Yes, princesses are fun.  But I don't happen to know any in real life.... do you?




FAVE FASHIONISTA

Okay, okay.  No, it's not formal.  No, it's not fancy.  Yes, it's totally dressing for comfort and I completely LOVE it.  So there!  I love leggings and sweaters.  It's my weekend apparel.






FAVE KICKS

And of course, it wouldn't be one of my fave weeks without having an awesome pair of boots.  It helps that it is less than TEN degrees in Kansas City right now and I can't get my tootsies warm for the life of me.

I gotta get these!





FAVE NUGGET TEE

Gotta find this - or make it.  One way or another, my little nugget has to have it.  He is the best big brother in the world!  Constantly checking in on his sissy, patting her head gently or kissing her cheek before running off to play.  I love to watch him love her... it's an amazing thing to witness.





FAVE COPYCAT RECIPE

Every year I swear we aren't going to eat out as much as the previous year.  I am really going to try hard to stick to it this year - at least for awhile!

Although we rarely eat at Chili's, I absolutely love this pasta dish from there.  I'm a self proclaimed starchaholic so this fits right in my wheelhouse.

Ugh... I think I need to go back to work.  Or maybe take some more time off.

Click here to link to the yummo recipe ------->  Copycat cajun chicken pasta




Have a fantastic weekend, friends!

 Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment