Friday, January 10, 2014

FRIDAY FAVES!!

Morning, friends!  I'm happy to announce that I completed the first full week of 2014 unscathed.

Well, partially.  It was book club last night.

With the football season coming to an end, basketball has taken its position in my house as the official spokesperson.  We are eating and breathing basketball 24 hours a day.  Please try to contain your jealousy... envy is a bad color for everyone.

Little guy is becoming much more comfortable in his post position this year.  He is working hard to gather rebounds and pushing back up when it seems a zillion arms and hands are slapping him.  He says that it's fun.... but I don't see that.  I see his blood pressure spiking every 15 seconds for 40 minutes.  But hey, we all define fun a little differently.

Like jumping into a freezing cold lake for charity.  Yep, I'll be doing that later this month.

I was able to scrounge up a few faves over the course of the week so dig in!

FAVE DESTINATION

Ah.... Ireland.  Still up at the top of my list of future travels.  With the stupid polar tundra crap we have endured lately I would love to transport here and take a nice long run.

Someday.

 


FAVE NEW ADDICTION

Nope, not meth.  The SHOW, accusers!  I love, love, love me some Walter White and Jesse Pinkman.  Hubs needs this shirt.  He loves chemistry (why wouldn't he....).  Me?  I doubt I could make it through the first two classes quite honestly.




FAVE RELAXATION

Yes friends, I realize that this won't fit into my tiny house.  But a girl can dream, can't she?  I can just imagine all of those cold winter nights, curled up in the midst of all that softness and watching Netflix reading a book. 




FAVE REMINDER

Oooh, I think Nugget needs this sign!  He is absolutely the best big brother in the world.  I can already see it in his eyes - nobody will ever hurt his little sister!




FAVE NOURISHMENT

Mmmmm.  Seriously, who couldn't love a sammy AND French toast at the same time?  This Monte Cristo just looks Divine.  I think it has to hit the Davis menu. Click here for the recipe ------->  Monte Cristo Sandwiches




FAVE WINE LOVE

Okay - I must have this.  Even if I have to figure out how to make it myself.  I have more corks than anyone can imagine (okay, maybe you can imagine).  This is an awesome way to hang onto them!




FAVE COCKTAIL

Hubs and I went to Maui in 2004 and during our visit we became intimately acquainted with a lovely little adult swim up bar that served a similar concoction.  Although this isn't exact, it's pretty darn close (and I'm assuming a heck of a lot healthier!)  Our beloved version had ICE CREAM in every drink! 

Lava Flow Cocktail: 1 oz. light rum, 1 oz. Malibu® coconut rum, 2 oz. fresh or frozen strawberries, 1 small banana, 2 oz. unsweetened pineapple juice, 2 oz. coconut cream.


FAVE NERD FUNNY

I happen to LOVE math, especially algebra.  Hubs could drop kick it to the curb (even though he uses it every day).

To each his own.





FAVE HAIR CONTROL

EEEE!  I absolutely love headbands.  Lots of moms put giant bows on their baby girls and until our little sweetest one came along I saw it more of a hassle.  Now that she is here, I can't stop fantasizing over the cuteness she can wear!  This style is so super cute to me.  I'll have to see if Nana can come upon a few...



FAVE YUMMO

With V day just a few weeks away, these little gems are perfect.  I love halving the strawberry as I always find it awkward to eat a whole strawberry that's been dipped.  I think this is a great way to display them as well as eat them!




Have a great weekend, friends!

 Jen



No comments:

Post a Comment