Monday, April 01, 2013

Moment of Truth

I've had the best 6 days EVER.  My west coast kids were home, I've run two races, the weather was perfect and I am in bliss.



Except for my stupid allergies.  Those can just go to hell.

The kids did a beautiful job in navigating the visit.  I don't envy them... it's not an easy task to do.  All of their family loves them so much and wants to spend time with them, so dividing up the short time they had home was a bit challenging.

I have to admit it was hard for me as well.  Of course my selfish side wants all of their time and attention.  It's  only human nature.  I would have preferred to lock them in my house the whole visit and not let them out.

But of course that didn't happen.  I shared just like I learned in elementary school, much to my chagrin.  I am the spoiled baby of the family used to getting my way though.  Bubba, being the responsible first born, navigated it all very well.  And of course he married a first born, equally responsible.  Well... maybe a smidge more than Bubba....



It has been a humbling experience sharing my son with others, although you would think I would be used to it by now since his father and I divorced when he was 3.  I just always try to keep in mind that sharing is good because he is so loved and supported by others.

But I'm only human.  Seriously.... who could resist this face?



I'm so grateful for every moment we had together.  We laughed, had great talks and loved all over each other.  This visit most definitely has made the separation much more bearable.

Of course, ask me that tomorrow.  Oh, and little guy cried when he left for school today.  It's hard being away from someone you love so much.

By the way - isn't this exactly the way you should eat apple sauce?



I hope everyone had a great Easter weekend filled with love, family and friends.  We definitely did!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment