Friday, July 19, 2013

FRIDAY FAVES!!

Ah... dog days of summer.  Man, we've found them.  It is HOT in Kansas City!  But you won't hear me complain very much.  I love the sunshine on my face, the cool water under my raft and ice cold beer.  Seriously... it can't really get much better than that.

This week I'm celebrating summer (and all that I love about it).  My list is totally longer than ten items (yes, always 10 in case you ever cared to count) but a girl has gotta stop somewhere.  Until she doesn't.

Enjoy my faves, friends!

FAVE DRINKY DRINK

The BFF has hit one outta the ballpark.  In a short visit this week, she introduced me to my new fave drink.  And what better a name than SUNSHINE.  Bring it on!  This tasty treat makes you think beach, waves and summer fun.  Mix it up with some Sierra Mist (or lemonade) and sit back and relax.  No worries, it will just happen!


FAVE YUMMO

Nothing says summer like the grill.  What better than shrimp and scallops?  Oh, and a little sidenote - check out that avocado salad!  Have you seen my youngest child, Avocado?  I could LIVE on them!!  This is a must try for the Davis'.  Click here for the recipe ---->  Grilled Drunken Shrimp and Scallops



FAVE RIDE

Everyone loves boats, right?  How about this sweet ass ride?!  I have no idea what kind of boat it is except in it's caption it just read "Stealth".  Yeah, I think I'll take a ride in that anyday!




FAVE REMINDER

This is totally true.  Who knew salt was the end all to happiness?  Oh yeah, my friend CBone knew when she left the midwest for Florida.  She clearly had the tap on something I had yet to figure out!  I got the tears and sweat down... now if I could just get to the beach.





FAVE TRIP

Speaking of beaches.... this is one of my faves.  Well, I think it may be officially my BEST fave (if that's a term).  Davis and I spent 6 glorious days in Maui back in 2004 and I'm thinking it was the best trip of our lives (so far).  Will be hard to top!




FAVE FUR FUNNY

The grin says it all.  Four years ago when we went to our local shelter to adopt a dog we had our eyes on a beautiful hound that looked just like this baby.  Little did we know we would walk out with our sweet Bella.  Ah, Bella.




FAVE WATERHOLE

Davis has been planning a sink in the garage this summer.  Maybe I can sway him for one out back instead?  I absolutely LOVE this guy and would probably hang out next to him gossiping for hours. :)





FAVE FASHIONISTA

Love the pants.  Love the white shirt (which happens to be my fave color, in case you wondered).  Love the Kors bag.  Love it all.  And look - finally an outfit with no scarf.  It is possible.





FAVE WAKEY WAKEY

Nope, not for me.  I'm a morning person.  The little guy in my house needs some SERIOUS motivation to get outta bed.  Especially in the summer when he's running hard and wearing himself out.  Maybe I should just throw one of these at his bedside?





FAVE SHADES

Oh my.  My heart is singing.  What cute kids!



Have a great Friday, friends!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment