Sunday, July 14, 2013

All about FATE...

She is a mirror, shining back at me with a world of possibilities. 
She is a witness, who sees me at my worst and best (and loves me anyway). 
She is my partner in crime, my midnight companion, someone who knows when I am smiling, even in the dark. 
She is my teacher, my defense attorney, my personal press agent and yes, my shrink. 

But most of all - she is my confidant.  She knows my thoughts, actions and words before I do most of the time.  She has examined me carefully for 20 years and yet still calls me almost every day.  If that's not dedication, I don't know what is.

Although we didn't go to elementary or middle school together and didn't really know each other in high school, we found one another.  We coincidentally married in (and divorced out) of the same family.  Upon departure, we figured something very important out.

We were different from one another... yet perfectly compatible.  We were destined to become sisters.




As I reflect back on the last 20 + years of friendship, I can't really pinpoint a single time where we were distant in our hearts.  Even living in different countries at one time my thoughts have always remained steady on my best friend.  In the lowest moment of my life, she was calm, loving and supportive.  She spent countless hours counseling me through the grief of losing my mom.

Which by the way they share this same special day.  Coincidence?  I like to think not.  The two women I have loved the most in this life were born on the same day.  Cancers.  I should have known from just that smidgen of information we were destined to be tethered forever.  They are so much alike it floors me.  They share the same honesty, loyalty and sarcasm.  It's an amazing similarity.  But most of all - they totally, completely GET ME. 




If I ever die suddenly, she knows what to do.  She loves Hubs and my kids as much as I do (at times more!)  She would spring into action, protect and support them and pull them through with anything they needed... without even thinking twice.  She would bear her own grief privately to give them all her strength.  She is completely selfless when it truly matters the most.

And THAT, my friends, is what life is all about.  Having a connection, knowing in your heart someone has your back, feeling unconditional love... it just doesn't get any better than that.  We tried to explain that to her daughter a few weeks ago.  Not everyone in life finds that perfect friend that they will hold onto for life.  But when you do... hold on tight and never let it go.





Cheers to the best day ever - the day my momma was born 76 years ago and 34 years later my best friend came along.  I happen to believe it's fate because, well, I'm a dreamer.

I love this beautiful woman!!!





Have a great Sunday, friends!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment