Sunday, October 09, 2011

Morning Bliss

Any of my mom friends reading today will totally relate to my morning bliss...  aka, FIRST ONE UP!  I absolutely love Sunday mornings.  I'm always the first one up and we typically don't have anything to do right away (yes, I'm aware... Pastor Schwartz would be not so happy to read this).  I make my coffee, clean up Saturday night dishes that didn't fit in the dishwasher and snuggle down in my chair with a blankey thinking about the upcoming week.  Nope, I don't dread it ~ I try to envision all my opportunities, ask God for guidance in my decisions (which I ask for A LOT) and identify things I'm grateful for. 

Today, my gratefulness overflows.  The hubs and I worked our tails off in the house yesterday, mainly because of a cranky washing machine.  So as I sit and enjoy my coffee this morning, I am reminded how grateful I am that we have a home to work our tails off in, that we have stuff we have to clean and that we have bodies that allow us to do physical work.  The little things...

I hope all my mom friends are having a quiet cup of coffee this morning.  Maybe just 1/2 a cup, but I hope you get a moment to reflect before the decent begins, the kids are hungry, the hubs is up and your daily wonderful chaos begins.  Be grateful you have chaos!

No comments:

Post a Comment