Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Kickin' it in the 'Sac

Although our summer hasn't officially come to an end, you wouldn't have known that this past weekend.  My neighbs and I threw our fourth annual End of the Summer Party in the 'Sac, a new tradition we have established to end the summer and kick off the new school year.

And party we did!  The four of us have been together now going on five years and we always have the best time together.  We have become quite the social directors of our 'hood!

 


By my calculation, we had 15 families come through the four hour (or so) event.  The laughter of the kiddos as they slid down the giant water slide was music to my ears.  The sun was shining brightly, the food was plentiful and the parents even had a chance to kick back and relax a bit.



We added a face painter this summer and I think she was a big hit.  The kiddos (mostly the girls) seemed to watch in awe while everyone was painted up. 

 



Best way to end a summer if you ask me.  Little guy was ecstatic (and SORE, slept all day on Sunday).



Of course in my true fashion I missed the "after party".  After way to many diet cokes, I had to hit my own sack early.

A GIANT shout goes out to the house sponsor of our annual event.  Without this fabulous couple we would be in a world of hurt throwing this together (with no land, electricity, water or restrooms!)  You guys are the BEST!!



       

Of course, none of the fun would be had without this crazy group of kiddos.  We are so blessed to have them happy and healthy.  Life is really good.

 


I hope you enjoyed your summer as much as we did.  Next up:  get their butts back in school!
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment