Saturday, February 23, 2013

Love on the Run

Hubs and I made a commitment to running this year.  Not that we haven't in the past - this spring will mark officially my 4th year of running.  I can't even believe it's been that long. And I can't even begin to express how much I despised running before I finally figured it all out.  I'm so glad I tried it (with the urging of my neighb friends) and stuck with it.

Don't get me wrong - I still have good runs and not so great runs for sure.  There are times I take out and just turn back around knowing I can't push through whatever it is that is bothering me at the moment.  But more times than not, I fall into my groove, listening to tunes that inspire me, and I finish feeling that fantastic runner's high.

For February, Hubs and I selected a race neither of us had run before.  The SweetHeart Run was held at the Downtown Kansas City Airport last weekend, a fast and flat 4 mile run (which are typically hard to find).  I was a tad bit worried about our weather in that Saturday was pretty chilly with a strong wind chill.  Luckily though the weather shifted and we awoke to 26 degrees and climbing on Sunday morning.



It was awesome to run around the airport and see all of the airplanes taking off and landing.  Although around mile 3 Hubs did catch glimpse of a plane coming in hot and slamming on its brakes (I'm sure it was fine, but it looked like it was going to crash).  After reading last month's book club selection as well as watching Flight (Denzel... I love you), I'm about over the whole airplane crashing concept!

Cool A10 at the Airport


The run felt amazing.  No creaks, no pains, no side stitches.  Just perfect.  And in my ever need to receive recognition, the medals proved to be awesome as well.  HEAVY but awesome!



With our snowmaggedon in Kansas City, I've had time to sign us up for four more races.  Gotta love Spring in Kansas City... it's racin' time!

Hope you enjoy your Saturday, friends!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment