Friday, January 11, 2013

FRIDAY FAVES!!

 Morning, morning, morning friends!  It's FRIDAY again!  Not only that, but I've awoken to an unseasonably warm morning of 52 degrees!  Road - here I come.  Immediately following my writing my feet will hit the road for some much needed stress relief.  Breathe in, breathe out... thank God for the day, for my ability to run and for all that I have... which is more than enough.

Enough mushy, let's get on with this!  Below are my FAVE things I've found this week that I want to share with you.  Enjoy, friends!

FAVE FORCED FOOD

Okay, I haven't seen anything this cute in a long time.  Sure, as a mother I'm certain most would rather poke their eyes out than take the time to construct this for their little ones.  But what a game you could play!  I LOVE THESE!!  I think nugget needs a set for his bday this year!





FAVE FOCUS

A self professed ADD person, I think this is fantastic.  There is nothing I hate worse than when the mood in a room of gathered friends lulls for a second and EVERYONE is found guilty to be staring at their phones.  Yes, me included.  So how fantastic is this:  chuck it... don't check it.  I'm totally trying this at my next gathering!



FAVE VEGGIE SWITCH

Okay, truth be told I have ALWAYS loved cauliflower.  Cooked.  Raw.  Whatev.  But the problem is, my family isn't as keen on it, given a choice.

Potatoes are most likely my number one weakness.  Fried, baked, scalloped.  You name it.  So what perfect connection to trick my brain into thinking I am eating my fave starchy item than with this!

Mashed Cauliflower!  Click here for the recipe.  Mashed Cauliflower   I'm totally making this yummy side dish!




FAVE DISGUISE

As I consider further downsizing my living environment, I'm reading a lot of ways to maximum the space you have.  Stage left - dressers.  Dressers are big, they are bulky, they take up a lot of room.  And I don't know about you, but the tops of them are just giant invites for me to stack stuff that I'll get to later!  

Most houses are built with 2 x 4s and they are spaced every so exactly for perfect proportion.  What's in between those spaces?  Well... nothing.  Insulation, sure... but that's it.  Just space.  So why not use it?

Love, love, love this idea.  So much.  This is perfectly fantastic, especially for a tiny home.  




FAVE FASHION

Yep, still my fave always my fave.  I love denim.  There is just something about the best pair of jeans, the ones that fit you perfectly.  And who doesn't love a great hoodie and some TOMS.  Yep, love love love.





FAVE COMFORT FOOD

Warmth has been needed (although today you wouldn't know that).  Living in Missouri can be so cold in the winter.  We have had a ton of comfort food lately, including soups.  This one caught my eye this week so when it drops back down in the 20's next week, I'm totally making it!  Click here for the recipe....  Lasagna Soup





FAVE KICKS

I love a good pair of boots.  Sassy ones, dressy ones, and of course.... kickers.  These are fantastic - and the horseshoe makes them even better.  Yep, I love them!




FAVE BLING

Love these.  I have been layering jewelry for about 5 years now and I never get tired of the look.  This one just so happens to come all together.  Even better!  Perf for St. Pats Day!




FAVE TRUTH

With so much violence in the world lately, I love this. Simple. Truth.  I'm proud to say that I do both on a daily basis.



FAVE CHORE HELPER

I hate to iron.  Hate, hate, hate it.  I usually buy wrinkle free stuff, take my clothes immediately out of the dryer and hang them so I don't have to iron.  Hubs on the other hand?  Well, he has some fantastic dress shirts that can't avoid the need.  I hate (as I'm sure he does) dragging out the clanky ironing board, setting it up and putting it back.  How great is this?  Just slap it on the dryer and go to work!  Yep, I think this needs to be in my house.



Have a fantastic Friday, friends!!
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment