Monday, October 15, 2012

East Bound and Down

And just like that, our girls trip is already this weekend!

I look forward to this trip for months.  Prior to moving into our 'hood four years ago, I didn't take girls trips.  The closest I could get to that would be visiting booming Joplin, Missouri to see my mom, aunts and cousins.  Fun still, but not quite the same.  Especially the end years of momma's life.

Something switched in my brain when I moved.  I'm not even quite sure what it is exactly - it really befuddles me.  It doesn't have anything to do with money... that is exactly the same as when we first moved.  It doesn't have to do with careers... those are the same for both of us.  

I guess a big part of it is although I still have little guy at home, my brain was telling me I was becoming an empty nester (Bub left home the same month we moved).  So maybe that is it?  But I do know this:  since moving in I have become more social, more confident and more of a planner than I ever had been before.

Hmmm.

So in 5 short days us girls will pack up some glamorous minivan (or mom SUV or the like) and trek a mere 190 miles east in our very own state and visit WINERIES.  Yes, friends out on the coasts.... we actually DO have wineries here!  And this little German originated town happens to have a ton of them. And if you jump on the trolley with the other partygoers, you can ride to them all.  Well, most of them.









Oh, and if you don't like wine... they have breweries, too! 

Mostly though I am seriously ready for some girl giggle time, kicking up the heels on a dance floor and letting our hair down for a full 48 hours.  No laundry, no dusting, no vacuuming.  

Ah, sounds perfect to me!

Have a great Monday, friends!
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment