Saturday, October 27, 2012

Freeze Frame

Bring out the scarves.  The hats (I love hat head, by the way).  The boots.  3 layers of clothes.

It must be football season in the fall.... 38 degree weather, frost on the ground, 20 mph winds.

We are in playoff season for football and the Saturday morning freeze out has descended upon us.  Today we will go scream in the freezing cold wind (as there are never trees on or around a football complex for some strange reason).  Our noses will run, the boys faces will be bright red and they will complain their hands hurt from the cold.

But still, they will get in their 3 point stances, fire off the line and try to crush their opponents.



I've had a lot of conflicting opinions about this football season but one thing I still know to be true:  I absolutely love watching my son play football.  Just as I loved watching my oldest play.  More than just a team sport, these boys have had to learn how to trust each other explicitly.

We all need to do that a little more in our lives.

So off I go to freeze.  Wish me luck.  By the end of the game I'll be a frozen mess.

That's what hot chocolate is for.

Have a great Saturday, friends!


Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment