Monday, October 29, 2012

T-Minus 8 Days

8 days until Election Day.  Thank freakin' God.  I seriously don't know how much more I can stand.

The President and Governor Romney have seriously ramped up their attack ads.  Every other commercial is about the other's lying, cheating, malicious activities and how they plan to ruin the universe in the next 4 years.  In the end, all they ever seem to be doing is blaming each other for the things that need attention in our country.



Throw in the smack down in my state and it's almost to much to bear.

Case in point:  McCaskill / Akin.  Words just won't ever describe how pissed I am that our party selected such a nimrod to run against that woman.... well, she needs to go in my opinion.  But nonetheless, I am sick and tired of listening to BOTH of their campaigns.  Because they aren't really running a platform anymore. They are trying to slam the other to much to focus on any issues.  And they are getting seriously EVIL with one another.  Seriously... does is look like either of these individuals could represent me?




Last night during my fave show (go Emily!) I saw 4 ads in a row.  IN A ROW.  I thought briefly about throwing my phone at the TV and then remembered that we're almost there.  Radio silence is within reach.  The moment these yahoos get elected we can move on and watch in horror to what they are going to actually do to us next.

Once again, as I usually lament every four years, I feel that I don't have a candidate that best represents everything ME.  Local, state, federal... none of them.  I can't really even throw a dart at one that is in the inner rings closest to my beliefs.  Ugh.  So frustrating.

So as I do every election season, I'm poised to go in and select the peeps that I agree with the most on the topics most important to me at this time.  Yep, no wonder we are so damn spoiled in this country.  I get to switch what's important to me by next election period and change my mind.  Freedom is quite the commodity in the US.

I'm going to make a game this week:  every time an ad comes on television I'm going to mute it and voice over my own commentary.  How McCaskill hates it when her bras are to binding or how Spence likes to eat pudding pops in bed at night.

Anything is better than listening to the crap they are spewing upon me.

I'll leave you with a quote I read last week:

"If you are still undecided about your candidates, then you are uneducated about them."  

Read up and make your choices.  It's your duty as an American.  And yes, your ONE vote DOES count... don't even get me started on that tangent.  I expect to see all of my friends at the polls next week (unless of course you early voted, in which case I'm totally jealous because my stupid ass state won't do early elections.)



Have a great Monday, friends!


Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment