Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?

Bub is out to sea.

We can't know where.
We can't know for how long.
We can't know what he's doing.
We can't know why he's doing it.

We just know he isn't home for awhile.

Sure, Sassy knows.  But she is also sworn to the double secret probation promise that she won't tell a soul on earth no matter what.  And when he does call or text me, he reminds me a thousand times that he can't tell me anything.

UGH.  I GET IT.  So I just pretend he's on that Last Resort show (although that would be awful) and he's doing some super secret mission work.

I did get to see two things yesterday though to know that he is on Earth, happy and having fun.

1.  He drove his ship, the USS Cape St. George, a guided missile cruiser (in case you forgot).  He was on helm watch and it was a perk for him.  My smart ass thought?  Well, how hard can it be?  It's not like you're gonna run into traffic or anything...

But still.... I would die to have this be my office view....



2.  After such said fun above, they stopped at their double secret stop and he snapped this and text it to me.

 


Oh man - who wouldn't love that.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, Sassy has settled in and E is giving her a 2 year old run for her money.  Good thing she likes him a lot.  Oh, and Pug isn't winning any extra treats, either.

This too shall pass - one day at a time.

My heart breaks - I want to get to Sassy now and hug her tight.  Instead I will just try to distract her by my shenanigans.  She does live a bit vicariously through me since she acts like my grandma and goes to bed at 8:30 (well, sometimes it's 9!).  In all fairness, she does get up at the butt crack of dawn.  That happens when you need to watch the Early Morning Show (or deal with the bright, alert, ready for pancakes 2 year old), or go to bed at 8:30.

I miss them terribly.  Countdown will begin til I see them on my birthday next month!

Have a great Wednesday, friends!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment