Saturday, November 17, 2012

West Coast ROCKS!

I waited two months to see the kids.  Two whole months.  That was way tougher than I thought it was going to be, quite honestly.

Now that I'm here in San Diego, it's as if they never left.  Oh sure, they have a fantastic new house (which I LOVE!), they live in a new neighborhood with new friends (one of which I've already met!) and the weather is freakin' unbelievable.  But our relationship is so easy, so laid back, so unconditional that it gives us the ability to pick up wherever we leave off.

Of course it may take an act of God to get me back on a plane to Kansas City.

I'm getting tons of impromptu hugs from nugget.  In between chasing each other around the house with Nerf guns.  He's screaming G from all over the house to let me know he's looking for me (actually Sassy's mom's nickname, but I'll totally take it.  He knows we are his grandma's!!)  This morning we laid and snuggled on the couch watching Tickety Toc, some Nick Jr. show that wasn't around when my little guy was watching. 

And I'm loving every single, solitary moment of it. 

Well, except maybe the commisary.  No, I'm not going to say that I loved that.  On pay day, no less.

Or the freeway.  Oh good Lord, I'm pretty sure I lost about 3 years of live yesterday with Bubba screaming down the road.  I think Sassy needs to be the designated driver the rest of the weekend.  She's fantastic navigating around all this craziness!

Time to go - fun is abound for the day!

Have a great Saturday, friends!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment