Sunday, December 23, 2012

Welcome, Berlin!

Ahhh, sugar cookie and coffee for breakfast.

Man, I have fallen FAR off the wagon!  Not only have I not run in a bazillion months, but my food intake is.... well, let's just say it's not good.




So it should come to no surprise to my friends that have watched my hips widen before their eyes that I have signed up for the Polar Plunge.  Yeah, aptly named.  My thoughts exactly.

For those of you that aren't aware, the Polar Plunge is in January.  In Missouri.  And we plunge into a lake.  In January.

Yeah, it's a little bit cold.

All of the proceeds (we raise money to get in rather than pay money to participate) go directly to Special Olympics.  Near and dear to my heart, my sister participated in the local games as a kid.  If you want to sponsor me, I'd totally love you for it.  Here is my link:  Jennifer Davis Super Polar Plunge

Coincidentally, the Kansas City Zoo just acquired a second polar bear... a 23 year old female, Berlin, to join our Nikita.  We are praying for a love connection.

Hmmm... I think God is trying to tell me something.

I'll just go ahead and call myself out now.  I've gained 20 (5)ish pounds since August..  Yikes.  I quit running after football season started and we stopped training for the marathon.  And that's all it took.  Stopping.

I read motivational quotes all the time being that they are slathered all over facebook, twitter, pinterest, etc.  I know what it takes to get what I want.  I'm just not doing it.

I think I'd be a great candidate for the lap band.  Anything that keeps me from eating so damn much.  My problem isn't that I don't like to exercise - in fact I really love it.  The problem is that I can't stop eating snacks, primarily sugar.  It's a miracle I haven't developed diabetes yet.

So as I stuff one more sugar cookie down my gullet, I'm going to continue to eat without guilt for the next two days.  Then I'll get on it.

Another day, right?  What can it hurt?

Have a fantastic Sunday, friends!


Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment