Sunday, February 05, 2012

Just Pile it On

Ugh, I'm in DOMESTIC HELL right now.  I swear that I can clean, clean, clean and then two days later, my house is destroyed.  We only have three people in this abode... how can this be??

I am starting to wonder that my desire to downsize and get my Tiny House may have something to do with this.  I absolutely hate my chores.  No doubt I feel blessed to have my home... hubs and I worked our asses off to get it!  But the cleaning is just WAY overwhelming.  I just can't keep up.  I cleaned the hardwood kitchen floor on my hands and knees, Cinderella style, Friday night and already I can see evidence of needing to do it again. Makes me want to chew my arms off so I won't have to do it ever again.

Today, it's more of the same.  Vacuum, dust, windows, mop, dishes, granite, appliance.  First floor.  UGH.  Haven't even looked at the bathrooms or 2nd floor yet.  Oh... and my nemesis.... the LAUNDRY.

This I just CANNOT understand.  There are three of us humans in this house and I have 20 loads of laundry to do.  No, I'm not super picky.  I do put my whites and grays together and wash towels separately, but other than that I don't care.  Except for our "work clothes" - those are usually two loads a week... one dark, one light.

So why do I have so much laundry??  I'll tell you one culprit I know for sure.... the towels.  Nobody in my house reuses a towel.  EVER.  Seriously.  I don't know what the rest of the world does, but when I grew up, I was REQUIRED to hang my towel over the shower doors and reuse it at least once more.  If it was just my hair towel (I went through that phase), I had to use it SEVERAL times before it hit the washer.  I don't totally disagree with this theory - when you get out of the shower, you are CLEAN.  Aren't you just drying off water?  It can't be THAT unsanitary.

With hubs working out and taking extra showers, little guy having practice or games in addition to his normal bathing and me.. well.  So I just cannot keep up.  Ever.  Ugh.



I get into routines where I try to keep it together.  Get up early, start a load of laundry.  Move to dryer before leaving for work.  Fold after work, starting another load.  Getting at least three loads a day done.  That's usually about right.  Until I slack off a few days and then feel totally overwhelmed.

Don't get my wrong ~ hubs does help me quite a bit.  We've taken quite a Divide and Conquer position with this house and the chores.  But it's still impossible.

After I throw down my Healthy Choice frozen thing I'm off to fold another load.  And start the next one.  Lord give me strength.  And do the dishes.  Yeah me.

Happy SUPERBOWL Sunday, friends!  Go Patriots!
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment