Tuesday, February 21, 2012

SIN AWAY!!

Is it Friday yet?

I have found recently that I have a lot of friends that seem to be pretty cranky most days.  I too suffer from this from time to time but I'd like to think it isn't EVERY day.  You know the ones... they post on facebook the above comment.... every Tuesday morning.  I always want to say back "Nope, but it is a glorious Tuesday!"

This Tuesday happens to be Fat Tuesday.  Woo hoo!  For those of you unaware, Mardi Gras is French for Fat Tuesday, which refers to the practice of the last night eating richer, fatty foods before the ritual fasting of Lenten season, which begins on Ash Wednesday.  Bring it on... that is RIGHT up my alley!  It is also known as sort of the "season of sin" so overindulgence of all types seem to take place during this event.  The obvious reason Mardi Gras is so popular in New Orleans is the incredible amount of French influence that takes place in this part of our country.

As if I need a reason to overindulge!  I already got a kick start this weekend with chops and biscuits and gravy.  No worries, I evened it out with half of a pan of caramel fudge brownies.  Yikes.

For Lent I think I'll just give up food entirely.  No, that won't work.  What if I give up sugar?  Oh lord, that won't be pretty.  I'm gonna have to think this through more thoroughly.

Today, enjoy my friends!  Don't wish away the week and try to get to Friday.  Have a SUPER Fat Tuesday instead!!



(Oh, and for those of you perpetual dieters or do gooder eaters, you can indulge in other ways.  Maybe two sprays of fake butter instead of one.  Or an extra helping of broccoli, it's negative calories anyway.  Know that I'm totally envious... I can't control any food intake!)

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment