Friday, March 15, 2013

FRIDAY FAVES!!

Top o' the day to ya!  In honor of all of my Irish friends, I raise my green beer to salute your culture and traditions!

It's Saint Patty's Day once again and although I am STILL not Irish (trying desperately to change that), I revel in this celebration.  Kansas City knows how to live this one up!

Once again, Hubs and I have booked a hotel and plan to live up the festivities.  We usually skip the parade (if you know ANYTHING about me you know I am simply NOT that patient of a person) but we will hang in the after party debachery.  I booked a swanky hotel room for the night so we wouldn't have to drive home (another example of my maturity, although scarce).  I simply cannot wait... we are worn out and need the fun!

My faves are in honor of all things green... and Irish.  Or Scottish.  Or whatever - somewhere over there.

Enjoy!

FAVE INSPIRATION

Yes, yes, YES!  I use this saying a lot when referencing running but it truly works for anything we do.





FAVE BLING

Love this.  Love, love, love.




FAVE YUMMO

Okay seriously.  Who wouldn't consume about 50 of these delights?  I am a huge fan of red velvet which is totally just chocolate with red food coloring so why NOT just make them green?  Click here for this yummo treat ----->  Green Velvet Cake Pops





FAVE GIRLY GIRL

How fun are these nails?  Of course there is no WAY on Earth I could do them myself.  I'd have to go to a place and have some super skilled person do them for me.  But I do love them, nonetheless!





FAVE COCKTAIL

St. Pat's is known in these parts for our green beer but this is even better.  I do have to admit though that it makes me feel weird to write the words "dirty girl scout".  Either way, enjoy!

Dirty Girl Scout

Ingredients: 
1 oz Vodka
1 oz Kahlua coffee liqueur
1 oz Irish cream
1 oz  White Creme de Menthe

Mix the vodka, Kahlua and Irish cream and pour over ice. Pour the creme de menthe down the center of the glass. Serve.




FAVE TRUTH

I do like to believe in fate and luck from time to time but my real truth lies in the work we do to create the environment to allow fate and luck to appear.

So this is perfect for me.




FAVE CRAFTY

This is so cute and super easy!  Use your kiddos hands and make a framed piece of art.  Way better than going to Hobby Lobby and throwing something on the wall if you ask me.





FAVE DESTINATION

In my lifetime, I will travel to Ireland.  There are a zillion pics I could post of the beautiful country but this one is at the top of my bucket list.  It's an old library at Trinity College in Dublin.  MUST GO.  I would sit there for HOURS and soak it up.




FAVE TEE

Although I am not Irish, I pretend to be at this time each year.  I figure if I pushed a 9 pounder outta my vag that has Irish in him from the other side, it counts.  Plus he married a Scottish girl so I think I'm covered.




FAVE FREAKY

Although somewhat cute, I'm sure that telling your kids that some small little dude came into your house and peed in their potty wouldn't freak them out.  That's not creepy or anything.



Happy St. Pat's Day, friends!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment