Monday, March 11, 2013

My (wannabe) Irish Eyes are SMILING!

Howdy, peeps!  This weekend put me in the BEST mood.  I absolutely love when I accomplish everything I set out to complete.

Today launches little guy's spring break and he seems to be holding up well that he isn't in Barbados or Fiji like some of friends. Okay, probably not those locations but close enough.  He is quite frankly excited for the downtime following the high of our basketball season ender.  We are in between sports for about a month now and I think he intends to relish it.

In prep for the holiday weekend (yes, I did call it that), hubs and I ran the Westport St. Paddy's Day 4 Mile run Saturday.  We had an absolutely BLAST.  I honestly think it was one of the most fun runs I have ever completed! 

First off, I dressed up.  Yep, I did.  First time to do that for a run.  My totally talented girlfren made me a tutu.  And wings.  And I felt like a fairy.  Or a bit of a dork, but who cares!  I certainly wasn't the only one! 

My Fab Tutu!
Hubs and I met up with an Irish friend of his making the morning all that better.  Stuff is always more fun with friends!



We listened to some rockin' awesome bagpipes.  About this time I started to realize how much I miss my little redheaded boy...




Finally, we crossed the finish line with glasses of green beer and green jello shots handed out at the finish.  How fun is that?!  The beer was ice cold and must have been my fave (Miller Lite) because it was totally yummo.  And yes, after 4 miles I do want a beer, thank you very much!

Our race pics aren't ready yet but I'm sure I'll repost them when we see them.  Had to be good!

We finished the event at Kelly's, one of the oldest buildings in Kansas City.  The place was PACKED and the beer was ice cold.  Irish music was blaring.  We once again caught up with hub's friend drinking what else but Jameson.  That's dedication!





We had a fabulous time!  I'm already plotting out what I want to wear next year and we haven't even hit St. Patty's day yet!

Have a great Monday, friends!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment