Saturday, December 31, 2011

Out with the Old, In with the New

Woo hoo!  It's NYE! 

I absolutely love, love, love this time of year.  Tomorrow (New Years Day) is my FAVORITE day of the year (aside from Thanksgiving).  I love change and it marks a big change for all of us.

But does it really?  Turning the calendar doesn't really mean we change.  We have to actually make those conscientious decisions for ourselves and then actually follow through.  

I've always hated the word resolutions.  To me, those are so temporary.  Every resolution I think I've ever made I failed to complete or see through.  They really almost became a wish list for me and I seemingly never took it serious.  I changed my thinking a few years ago and I try to set attainable goals.  Short and long term.  Stuff I can actually see and desire myself to complete.  Allow the change to occur.

This year is no different and I'm so excited!  My list is long, but attainable.  

I love reinvention.  Taking something old (yes, I am referencing me) and making something new.  It's like getting a new spiral notebook or starting a new check registry.  Freshly awaiting.

I hope everyone enjoys their celebrations tonight, however you celebrate.  Hubs and I are being responsible and staying in the 'sac to celebrate with our good friends and neighbors.  We made a practice to stay in on this night, not really because we might drink to many Diet Cokes but because of the rookie drinkers attempting to drive home all over the city.  It's scary enough to get a DUI but I certainly don't want to get slammed by a drunk driver (or be one!)  We only have to walk home so hopefully that won't be a problem. 

I hope you find the newness in tomorrow and seek to improve yourselves.  I know I will!  Have a great New Years Eve!

SPECIAL SHOUT OUT TO MY SCOTTISH, BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTER 

I never knew this song originated in Scotland!  YOU ROCK, girlie! :)

Lyrics to Auld Lang Syne (Old Long Since, literally English translation)  

Should old acquaintance be forgot,
and never brought to mind ?
Should old acquaintance be forgot,
and old lang syne ?
CHORUS:
For auld lang syne, my dear,
for auld lang syne,
we'll take a cup of kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.
And surely you’ll buy your pint cup !
and surely I’ll buy mine !
And we'll take a cup o’ kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.
CHORUS
We two have run about the slopes,
and picked the daisies fine ;
But we’ve wandered many a weary foot,
since auld lang syne.
CHORUS
We two have paddled in the stream,
from morning sun till dine ;
But seas between us broad have roared
since auld lang syne.
CHORUS
And there’s a hand my trusty friend !
And give us a hand o’ thine !
And we’ll take a right good-will draught,
for auld lang syne.
CHORUS 

No comments:

Post a Comment