Thursday, December 01, 2011

Open Book

Wow - I just saw that I have had over 2,000 views on my blog in 30 days!  That is AWESOME!  I can't believe anyone would want to read what I have to say but apparently you do, so THANKS for taking your time to get to know me!

I recently started a book club and tonight is our second meeting.  I am LOVING it.  I don't know why it has taken me this long to do this!  I've been talking about wanting to join or start a book club for years but never really thought it would take off but this one seems to be sticking, so I'm crossing my fingers.  I even researched 'successful book clubs' before starting it so I would know what works and what doesn't work.  Yes, I'm that big of a nerd.

But the very best part of book club are the members.  These women are AMAZING.  I already know some of them pretty well (and BFF of course extremely well) but some I haven't talked to in years.  I am loving reconnecting with friends from my teens and learning about their life journeys.  We have our own little Oprah's Life Class happening right inside our living rooms!

I threw my idea out on Facebook and friends started inquiring.  This group of women come from all stations in life - from me, a Grandmother, to a friend that has never been married.  Single moms, married moms with kids in college, high school, elementary school.  Some working moms, some stay at home moms.  Some women with no children.  I love the diversity of this group - we really have a lot to learn from each other if we try and listen.

So I'm taking my sassy new hair to book club tonight along with a yummy red hubs bought me for my bday.  Oh, and when I told hubs thank you for accomodating the time I put in for book club he said "well, you didn't really ask".  Touche`!  This baby of the family never asks permission, only forgiveness!

Can't wait to see the girls! 

No comments:

Post a Comment