Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Impending Arrival

Yep, a dedication blog... I do don't much of these, but sometimes it is required!

It's a bittersweet day today but filled with upcoming excitement.  My work BFF is taking a summer vacation, just like the end of the school year.  Except she's bringing a little one into the world, so no rest for her!

I'm super excited for her - this will be her second little love and most certainly an awesome experience.  But I'm super sad, too (I know, how selfish of me!)  I will miss our giggles, collaboration and fun at work.  Not that she's moving to Tibet or anything, but you know the feeling when a bestie moves away... that's how I feel today.

I had a pretty long courting process prior to joining my new firm last year.  I'm not sure I can even count the amount of meetings I had with my CEO and President, but of course the meetings that stood out the most were the ones I had with Kelly.  She is such an amazing woman, mother, friend and co-worker!  She has amazing organizational skills, holds us all together with great ease and has great vision for our future.  If I had a dollar for every time she has asked me in the past year if there was anything she could do to help me succeed, I'd be the richest woman on earth.  Yeah, even more than Oprah!  Kel makes my work life complete (yes, dorky I realize).

SO - here's tipping a cocktail for you, Kel!  I know you will have the best delivery ever and that sweet little girl will come into the world so blessed to have you as a mother!  (And yes, it IS a girl!  I just know.)  I can't WAIT to meet her finally!




Happy last day at work, friend!


Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment