Saturday, April 28, 2012

Middle Stop on a LONG Journey

I had a great opportunity to catch up with an old friend this weekend!  Such fun, especially when you don't live in the same state!

My friend Melissa came to stay with me en route to Orlando (from Park City, Utah, via Cheyenne, WY, Kansas City, MO, Memphis, TN and home).  When she told me she was planning to stay in KC since it was in the middle of a long drive day 2, I insisted she stay with me.  We haven't seen each other in over a year (our last visit was in Vegas ~ work event).  She's a serious trooper - I could NOT survive that many hours in a car... especially by myself!  She did have a furry companion for her travels, little Misha.  Books on tape (even the Grey series) could not keep me company that long!  Oh, and did I happen to mention she just had an ACL repair surgery less than a month ago?  Geesh ~ who could endure that drive after that?!




Our visit was filled memories of work travels, updates on Gallagher friends and simple laughs (and wine, of course).  My only goal was to give her a comfy place to lay her head and some good ole fashioned friend love.  Hubs whipped up some pork tenderloin with a black bean/corn salsa that was to DIE for and she even played Wii with Coop.  What a good sport!




I miss my friends that live far away.  The G girls (well, half of them) are having reunion this weekend and I'm so sad I'm not there to see them.  We always laugh so hard at mundane things, true inspiration!  After Bubba leaves for boot camp, I am determined to get to Florida to catch up!  Now I can see TWO friends again while in Florida!  I'm convinced our retirement will be there (and secretly pray the kids are stationed there.)  We shall see!

Girlfriends are such an amazing asset, one in which we often forget to be grateful.  We move through our chaotic lives as mothers, wives, daughters, sisters and workers and forget that the pillars holding us up through most of our journeys are our girlfriends.  I am so thankful for my mine!

Happy Saturday, friends!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment