Friday, August 10, 2012

FRIDAY FAVES!!

As the 2012 London Olympics come to an end, I'm shocked to admit that I have loved every moment of them.  And I can't even begin to count the hours we have watched the games ~ and not just one, pretty much all of them.  I actually watched ping pong the other day!  Oh wait... table tennis.  That's what I meant.  What in the world has happened to me?!?

The real reason I have watched?  These kids.  Oh my - I am in love with these kids.  And their parents.  They have worked their butts off to get to the Gold.  Or Silver.  Or Bronze.  Hell, to even be IN the games is a giant accomplishment, one in which most people could never attest achieving anything remotely close in their lives.

I cannot wait for the new Olympic cereal boxes to come out.  I'm totally buying them.

In honor of our Olympic Gold Medalists, I dedicate my Friday Faves!

FAVE RUNNER

First up, my love.... Sandra.  I'm so envious, not in a crazy stalker way but in a total admiration way.  In my adult runner life, I want to be her in the WORST way.  She is one fantastic runner - I absolutely love watching short distance sprints.

Sandra Richards-Ross, 400 meter GOLD medalist!

FAVE GYMNAST

Oh Gabby.... so incredible, so young and so full of life.  Words cannot even express how awesome this young woman is and how much potential she has in front of her.  You go, girl!

Gabby Douglas, Individual All Around GOLD medalist!

FAVE GUY SWIMMER

Holy freakin' cow - Phelps is a MANIAC!  I know he says he is hanging up his speedos and not competing again, but seriously dude?  NOBODY has the magic you have in the pool.  Well, except for up and coming hottie Ryan.  Yeah, he may be a contender someday.  A girl can dream...

Michael Phelps, 18 GOLD medals in swimming.

OKAY, REAL FAVE GUY SWIMMER

OH MY.  I'm pretty sure I would drown if in the same pool with him, hoping he'd save me.  Give me a call, Ryan... I need some swim lessons!

Ryan Lochte, GOLD medalist in 400m Individual Medley

FAVE JUMPER

Holy schnikes!  This woman is INCREDIBLE!  Jenn likes to heave her body over a pole for a hobby... are you kidding me?  Oh, and no "little body" - heck no.  She heaves all 6 foot, 143 lbs of herself 15 feet, 7 inches in the air!  WOWZERS!  Way to go, Jenn!

Jennifer (just call me Jenn) Suhr, GOLD medalist in pole vault

FAVE BIKER CHIC

Well, what an amazing story.  Kristin wasn't even going to enter the games but decided to give it one more shot.  Guess it paid off!  Way to cycle, girlfriend!  I wonder if her butt hurts?



Kristin Armstrong, Individual Road Cycle GOLD medalist!
FAVE FLIPPER

Ali, you ROCK girlfriend!  What an incredible athlete - she can twist, flip and turn her body in ways I can only imagine possible.  I totally wish I was as cool as she is!

Alexandra Raisman, Women's Floor Exercise GOLD medalist!

FAVE BAD ASS

Oh holy hell, this woman FRIGHTENS me!  It is awesome though to see a strong, fierce woman winning the Judo gold - first American EVER.  Freakin' awesome!

Kayla Harrison, Judo GOLD medalist! 

FAVE GIRL SWIMMER

Although we had several medalists, Missy still remains my fave.  She is so awesome - such a beautiful, sincere, sweet athlete!  By the way - do you KNOW how hard it is to swim backwards?  Seriously?!

Missy Franklin, 100m and 220m backstroke GOLD medalist!

FAVE TENNIS SUPERSTAR

Serena Williams, you are a hero.  What an awesome woman athlete!  I absolutely adore you and your sister.  Fanfreakin'TASTIC!

Serena Williams, women's single tennis GOLD medalist

FAVE GUN TOTER

Um... wow.  I'm sure this is hubs fave of all.  Jamie Lynn set two records in the Olympics with her amazing hand/eye coordination.  Do you think she was targeting an ex-husband (or his new wife)?  Leaves one to think, doesn't it?

Jamie Lynn Gray, women's 50m rifle three position GOLD medalist!

FAVE BFF CHIC POWER TEAM

Complete studs.  BFFs, I'm sure.  I imagine them hanging out, having cocktails, being regular girls.  I'm sure they don't talk every day, but I would seriously like to believe that they do.  Way to go, girls... you are a fantastic example of successful teamwork!


Kerri Walsh Jennings and Misty May Treanor GOLD volleyball medalists!

Have a fantastic Friday, friends!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment