Sunday, November 13, 2011

I Don't Get It

If you know me, you know that there are a few behavioral tricks that are totally lost of me.  I'm quite naive for starters.  If you open your mouth and say something, then it must be true.. right?  Oh yeah, there is this little thing called SARCASM.  Um.. I don't get it.  It seems like such a waste of time to me to say something that isn't true.  Or say the opposite of the truth.  I guess that leans to humor, which I am not really either (humorous).

But the biggest behavior I don't get is passive aggressiveness.  PA.  I'm gonna use that now - "That beotch is being so PA!"  That might stick.. kinda like fetch.  At least when I get mad I just avoid and ignore.  What I don't do is stick around and pretend not to be mad and throw barbs while smiling.  What is that all about?  I also love the power of suggestion ~ if I say it, and I want it, then it will be (even if it isn't). 

Someone close to me has perfected this behavior.  Perfectly.  Rolls over everyone in this manner.  It drives me INSANE.  Of course you know the only way to shut it down is to do my least favorite action... confront.  Ewwww.  Why can't people just be direct, say exactly what they want, think or feel, without playing behavior tricks to accomplish it?

My hubs turns into a bird dog around this emotion (ha, perfect since hunting season just opened).  He can sniff it out and within seconds shut it down.  It's an awesome thing to watch ~ he says everything I always want to say but don't have the nerve to do it.  When we are together and this behavior displays it's ugly head, he will confront IMMEDIATELY.  Such the opposite of his normal go-with-the-flow self.  It is most definitely one of the biggest "I got your back" attributes we share - he can vocalize when I can't.  Of course sometimes he does it and I'm humiliated because it makes me uncomfortable.  Hmmm... if I could just figure out how to channel him when he isn't around and handle this behavior better.  I need a gym class for that skill.

No comments:

Post a Comment