Monday, November 14, 2011

She's CRAFTY

I have always been the type of person that is fiercely determined:  if I really, REALLY want something, I'm going to get it.  Plain and simple.

I have found the most perfect gift for my book club girls for Christmas.  Low and behold, you can't buy it.  Nope.  I've looked everywhere thinking I could find someone that could duplicate it and I can't.  The reason I can't is because it is homemade.  Now I absolutely LOVE giving people homemade gifts.  Whether or not they appreciate the actual gift, they do know that I thought long enough about them to give them something from my hands and heart.  I miss that.  Christmas has become so over commercialized with gadgets and technology that we totally have lost any ability to just sit down and be quiet and reconnect with humans.  My number one goal this Christmas is to have a week of no technology ~ no texting, twitter, facebook.  Just for the week.  Sure, I use these tools, but if you notice I do them at 6:00 am when nobody else is awake typically.  Then, off for the day!  And I absolutely hate phones at the dinner table... another blog.

But I digress.  This gift for them is not going to cost me a lot of money.  It probably won't even cost me a lot of time.  But it will cost some creativity.  Yikes.  I was gifted strength in the OTHER side of my brain, whichever that is (I always forget.. right?)  I'm analytical and athletic, NOT artsy and creative.  Not one little, single, tiny bit. 

So say a prayer for me.  I'm jumping in this week on these projects and hope to God that I A. get them done in time for book club meeting and B. don't totally embarrass myself.  I'm thinking I'm going to have to buy a lot more of this ALDI coffee to keep my brain operating long enough to complete them!

No comments:

Post a Comment