Friday, June 29, 2012

FRIDAY FAVES!!

It's another Friday, and boy is it a HOT one!  Our country is in despair - floods in Florida, fires in Colorado.  The beloved midwest is SCORCHING hot with soaring triple digit temps.  It's 90 degrees at bedtime!

In honor of next week's holiday (no, NOT the 4th of July... how about Independence Day, kids?), here are my fave items celebrating our country as well as summertime!

FAVE COUNTRY

I love America.  Even when we vote stupid dems into office and pass stupid healthcare bills.  Yep, I said it.  It's my blog.  Deal with it.  I love this picture... makes me smile everytime I see it.





FAVE GREETER

I wish I was more creative.  And had more time.  I should totally ask my co-worker TZ to make this for me.  I know she would :).  No pressure!






FAVE OUTFIT

I'm addicted to all things nautical now that Bub is serving, this one included.  Way to go, J. Crew!




FAVE KIDDO DRINK

How freakin' cute is this?  Sprite and diet Cranberry, rimmed in blue pop rocks.  I love it!  Little vodka and momma's can jump right in!





FAVE SONG

Ah... our anthem.  Hubs and I went to the T-Bones game last weekend and they sang the Anthem before the start.  First time to hear it since Bub left for boot.  Yep, I crossed my heart with my anchor and cried like a baby.  Love that boy, love our country.




FAVE PASTTIME

This is one of my fave things to do for the neighbs at our Independence Day celebrations!  Seems by the end of the night everyone has enjoyed their fare share.  I gotta get to the store! :)  I love these layered ones with the whip cream in the middle!




FAVE TREATS

Who doesn't love the beloved cupcake?!  YUMMO!  I could eat all of them right now!





FAVE GROWN UP DRINK

I absolutely love Sangria.  I seriously don't drink it enough.  And it's totally easy to make!  I may have to take a pitcher of this to the neighb's this weekend...





FAVE TOES

Sassy and I are going in on Saturday for new toes to celebrate the holiday.  SO excited to spend a little girl only time with her!  Pops gets to hang with big E (he's already grocery shopped and bought all of his faves.  He's a bit spoiled. 'cause that's what grandparents get to do!)





FAVE MOVIE I HAVEN'T SEEN YET

My book club girls and I are all headed out for our Summer Field Trip this weekend and I cannot WAIT.  You'll never guess what we are going to see?  Yep, along with all of the other 40 something, married, horny women in America!



God Bless all of my readers, and God Bless America!

Happy Friday, friends!

Jen

2 comments:

  1. You ROCK, Jen!
    Wish I could send Jer a thank you for what he is doing, but you can thank him in your heart for me. I know you have all made a lot of sacrifices. Have a Rockin Independence Day.
    Love you

    ReplyDelete