Sunday, June 10, 2012

Two is NOT Terrible

Nugget is TWO!  Not only am I old enough to have a grandson, I'm old enough to have a two year old grandson.  Yep, life moves pretty fast!  If you don't stop to look around, you might miss it!

My kids threw a party yesterday to celebrate E's big day and it was so fun.  It's so awesome to watch them be parents.  They do such an incredible job and I'm so proud of them.



I have an absolutely awful memory... and I was NOT a pot smoker!  I can't keep dates straight, especially when it comes to my kids.  That's why I save every single picture, scrap of paper, piece of artwork and grade card.  I know that after the event is over I will forget it.  I hate that about myself.  If there is one thing that I could change, that would be it.

But for some reason, when it comes to Eli, all of a sudden I can remember.  Every once in awhile when I look into his eyes, I see my son at 2.  It's a crazy feeling.  I always say how much he looks like his momma (and he SO does!) but sometimes, I catch a glimpse of Jer.  Probably when he is throwing a fit. 

At the party yesterday, E was running in the grass playing and I snuck up behind him.  He turned and looked at me and I SWEAR I was looking at Jeremy.  I grabbed him and squeezed him tight.  I love him with all of my heart, completely and absolutely.  Not only because he's my grandson but because he is a piece of Jer and Kate.



I think the memory connection is stronger right now because I've been spending some time around my ex's momma, who obviously was my mother in law.  She and I have talked about the old days and we reminisce about Bubba at this age.  I think the connection with her in it brings it back to the forefront of my lobes.

It was a gorgeous day and a fantastic celebration.  I am so proud to be part of this fantastic family.  They make me proud every single day.

Cheers, Nugget!  Get your TWO's on!


I love you, buddy!!


Nana

No comments:

Post a Comment