Friday, May 04, 2012

FAVE FRIDAY!

Friday again, so you know what time it is?  FAVE FRIDAY time!  I love the month of May.  Everything is starting to bloom, new grass is growing, the sun in shining more every day and school is almost out!  Although I'm not hispanic, we always start out the month with a bang Cinco de Mayo celebration at our friend's house so this weekend should be a blast.  Bring on KK's margaritas!  Enjoy my faves this week, friends!

FAVE DRINK IDEA

Ole!  Can't wait for the fun Saturday night!




FAVE FURNITURE

In honor of Mr. Grey, of course I immediately want to buy this chair.  Thank you Fifty for dominating my thoughts the last month!




FAVE STEPS

Oh yeah... I want EVERY SINGLE PAIR of these shoes!  I am wearing my new purple Toms all weekend every weekend (except of course when I run).  These are WAY super cute!




FAVE BLING

All jewelry is bling to me.. I'm a pretty simple girl.  I absolutely love these.  My momma did macrame when I was a little girl and I absolutely loved to sit in the garage cross legged and watch her move her hands.  Of course she was making GIANT plant hangers (hey - it was the 70's!)  I loved the smell of the rope as well.  So this is a definite craft I am going to have to try!




FAVE MOTIVATOR

Yep, liar liar!  Ana Steele would say this is her subconscience talking.  Thank god my inner goddess is WAY louder and sassier than my subconscience!




FAVE FOOD

I love training for races because it gives me a fantastic reason to carb up at dinner before a long run!  Couple pasta, my fave meal of all time with my love of all broccoli and it's perfect bliss.  Click here if you want to make it!  Pasta with Garlicky Broccoli Rabe






FAVE LANDSCAPE

I absolutely love river rocks.  When we built 3 years ago, we really didn't input to much of the landscaping.  We took the traditional route and allowed mulch as our covering.  We are finally starting to get to work with some new beds into our property and considering some river rock incorporation.  LOVE this!





FAVE HOBBY

This is so true.  We are so different, us runners.  We can talk endlessly about our training runs, our injuries and our pace.  We buy gadgets and clothes and consume inordinant amounts of water.  I love running ~ there is no better way to clear my head or make a decision than lacing my shoes.




FAVE SASSY

Um... yes.  I admit this is me!  These things get HEAVY sometimes!!  Just saying :).




FAVE FUR LOVE

If everyone would strive for this, we would all be better people!

Happy Friday, friends!!

Jen

2 comments:

  1. I love your blogs, Jen. You are so clever.
    I am going to forward this on to my runner, Lori. Not sure if you are friends or not.
    I would love the recipe for the broccoli pasta, can't bring it up here.
    Love you,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, momma Jean! Yes, please forward away! I fixed the link... you couldn't get to it because I didn't put it in there! Please try again! Love you, too!

      Delete