Thursday, May 31, 2012

But I WANT IT!

Being rebellious is so fun.  And exhausting.  I was born with this specific designation woven into my character.  Maybe because I'm the baby of the fam.  Maybe because I'm a Scorpio.  Maybe because I married a baby of his fam who constantly challenges me in who's right.  Who knows.  I just know that half of the rules in this universe simply do NOT apply to me and probably never will.  Kinda like this one:

I argue incessantly.  I drive everyone crazy with how challenging I can be. I have to be right and I know it's not my best trait.  Even BFF and I got into it this morning over something we disagreed about.  She said she was right.  I said I was right.  I called her my mother.  She said that's why I love her.  She was right.


So it will come to no shock to anyone to learn that my first born grandson is just like me.  Okay, maybe not.  Maybe it's just because he's almost 2.  But he acts just like me.  He wants his way.  He hits you and says "NO!" when he doesn't get what he wants.  He throws himself down and cries.  Sound familiar?

I love that little nugget.  I hope he continues to be as spicy and sassy as he is today when he grows up.  I want him to be fiery, to want what he wants and be fiercely determined.

I'm sure with his parents he will be.



 
Happy Thursday, friends!  Go get what you want today!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment