Saturday, May 19, 2012

Batter Up!

Ah, summer.  I love it!  I'm a professed sun goddess, loving the outdoors and beautiful sunshine.  I would sleep outside every night if I could figure out a way to keep not only the bugs away but the coyotes 20 feet from my backdoor. 

This is the biggest way I spend my summer:


And not only for the past 6 years, but the 12 before that.  Both of my boys have played baseball since they could throw a ball.  Little guy has had a huge advantage having the same coach work with him for the past 6 years in a rec league, which RARELY happens!  I cannot even express how much I love this man (and his entire family).  They are so incredibly good to Coop and inspire, encourage and motivate him better than anyone ever has (well, maybe with exception to Coach Dalton...).

Bubba was an AWESOME ball player as well, from t-ball to lettering in high school.  He has helped my little guy tremendously with form, attitude and sportsmanship and overall baseball mechanics.  

The best part?  My boys played opposite of one another.  Jer was a fantastic catcher (at 6'1) and little guy.. a pitcher.  So it's awesome to watch them work together as a team now.  

So although I wish my butt was in a lawn chair laying out by a lake right now, I love sacrificing my time for my buddy.  He is so incredibly worth it.  And there will always be a time for me to be lazy.  It just isn't today.

Happy Saturday, friends!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment